Social Economy Ukraine is a national network that unites Ukrainian entrepreneurs and organizations with social impact, provides them tailored support and promotes their growth for the socio-economic development of Ukraine.
They are partners of the EU institutions, European networks and associations in implementing the Social Economy Action Plan (SEAP) – a strategy for developing the social economy on the territory of the European Union. Thus, by implementing the recommendations of SEAP in Ukraine, they are part of the European integration process and are on a course for rapprochement and strengthening of cooperation with EU enterprises and organizations.
- They represent the interests of the local, regional and national social economy actors in the public sphere so that the Ukrainian government considers and supports this business model development;
- They promote dialogue and inter-cooperation between SE actors and develop new services of common interest;
- As business support organization, they allocate resources and build capacities of Ukrainian SE enterprises to ensure their economic, social and environmental impact;
- They raise awareness about the social economy and its actors and reinforce their visibility on the international level;
- They foster the integration of the Ukrainian social economy with the European social market economy by implementing the EU Social Economy Action Plan in Ukraine.
To achieve the mentioned objectives, they are working on:
- Conducting Mapping research to identify acting social economy SMEs and organizations, social enterprises and social startups across Ukraine. They are working on the Ukrainian SE Monitor Research to discover real needs and potential for development and scaling together with existing challenges and barriers of SE players in Ukraine.
- Growing (up to 500+ members) and strengthening capacities of Social Business Club (network & community for Ukrainian SE enterprises) members and supporting organizations through networking meetings, consultancy and mentorship support, case studies, peer visits, etc.
- Attracting grants and impact investments to support Ukrainian social economy enterprises and organizations in creating new jobs, providing social services, and creating jobs for displaced and other vulnerable.
- Engaging the SE stakeholders in developing SEAP4Ukraine’s recovery and modernization.
Social Economy Ukraine