𝐌𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐄𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐲: 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐒𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬
The MESMER+ project aims to establish an up-to-date in-depth mapping on activity and representation of social economy players – both from the employers’ and employees’ side – within social dialogue institutions and various industrial relations settings in nine countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Italy, Ireland, North Macedonia, Poland, Spain and Sweden. This mapping encapsulates several dimensions, including institutions, actors, practices and processes.
MESMER+ 2nd European Event in Dublin, Ireland 🗓 27 September 2023 – Dublin, Ireland
This second European event of the Mesmer+ Project provides, not only an opportunity to discuss research results and the policy context, but also to discuss the EU-level objectives, such as the European Commission’s Social Economy Action Plan (December 2021) and the European Pillar of Social Rights. A special focus of the event will be on the participating EU Member States where social economy players have less experience and opportunities to participate formally in social dialogue at the national level.
This in-person event is for representatives of co-partners, associated organizations, external experts of the Mesmer + project and invited guests. Are you eager to learn about the topic, share your insights, exchange ideas, and contribute to improving social dialogue and social economy representation and based in Ireland? Then you are invited and join us in-person!
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity! Mark your calendars and prepare to be part of the MESMER+ event. We look forward to your active participation!
Mesmer+ Policy Labs – Join us!
Join us at the upcoming Policy Labs in Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Italy, Ireland, North Macedonia, Poland, Spain and Sweden organised as part of the MESMER+ project.
Are you passionate about shaping policy and making a positive impact? Are you eager to share your insights, exchange ideas, and contribute to improving SE national systems? Then join us in-person!
The MESMER+ project is thrilled to invite you to participate in a series of dynamic meetings aimed at collecting valuable input and feedback. These Policy Labs will be held between May and September 2023 (exact dates can be found below) in the above-mentioned countries.
What can you expect at the Policy Labs?
– Input and Feedback: Your expertise and perspective matters! The Policy Labs provide a unique opportunity for policymakers, practitioners, researchers, and all stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to come together and contribute their ideas and insights. Your input will help shape future policies and initiatives on SEs and Social Dialogue.
– Dissemination of Mesmer+ project Results: We will share the project’s progress, current outcomes, and key findings with attendees. This open exchange of knowledge will foster cooperation and enhance collective efforts towards impactful policy development.
Stay tuned for further updates regarding the exact dates and locations of each Policy Lab. Together, let’s co-create innovative solutions and drive policy transformation on Social Economy and Social Dialogue!
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity! Mark your calendars and prepare to be part of the MESMER+ Policy Labs between May and September 2023. We look forward to your active participation!
- Policy Lab in Belgium : The social economy and the Belgian model of social dialogue.
- Policy Lab in Bulgaria
- Policy Lab in Sweden
- 30 August 2023 – Gothenburg. More information will be published soon.
- Policy Lab in Poland
- 11 September 2023 – Warsaw. More information will be published soon.
- Policy Lab in Ireland
- 12 September 2023 – Dublin. Find here the Agenda.
- Policy Lab in North Macedonia
- Early October – Skopje. To be confirmed.
- Policy Lab in Italy
- 14 September 2023 – Montepulciano.
- Policy Lab in France
- 21 September 2023 – Paris. Find here the Agenda.
- 21 September 2023 – Paris. Find here the Agenda.
- Policy Lab in Spain
- Late September 2023 – To be confirmed.
Mesmer+ 1st European Event – Rome (Italy) 23/03/2023
The main objective of the first European event was to bring together the representatives of project partners and local stakeholders (trade unions, employers’ organizations, social economy, academia) to reflect on the reference framework and the already available research outcomes. A special focus was on Italy and European countries, where social economy players have much experience / opportunity to take part in formal social dialogue. Developments and actions from actors at the EU level was also explored. The 2nd European event is foreseen in September, in Dublin.
Mesmer+ Launch Event
On the 20th of September 2022, the MESMER+ project has officially startedwith a partners-only kickoff meeting, hosted by the Brussels office of Legacoop and Confcooperative. The kick-off meeting has been followed by a Launch Event on the 21st of September, at the premises of Tour&Taxis. The public Launch Event took place with the involvement of 26 people, including invited guests and speakers from the DG Employment and ILO (video message). All co-partner organisations – DIESIS Network (Belgium), KU Leuven (Belgium), WETCO (Bulgaria), Public (North Macedonia), Cooperationen (Sweden) and almost all the associated partners were represented. The event was coordinated by Melinda Kelemen (project manager, Diesis Network) and Anne Guisset (senior research associate, KU Leuven).
Mapping European Social Economy: Employment, Social Dialogue and the European Pillar of Social Rights (2022-2024).
In many countries, Social Economy Enterprises (SEEs) engage in some form of “social dialogue”, discussing and often negotiating employment-related issues such as wages, working conditions, and training. However, social economy organisations only rarely count as formal social partners in their own right, despite the large number of SEEs and workers active in the sector. The MESMER+ project aims to establish an up-to-date in-depth mapping of activity and representation of social economy players – both from the employers’ and employees’ side – within social dialogue institutions and various industrial relations settings in nine countries : Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Italy, Ireland, North Macedonia, Poland, Spain and Sweden. This mapping encapsulates several dimensions, including institutions, actors, practices, and processes.
Not only the continuous dissemination activities on social media but also events ensures wide dissemination of the project aims and outcomes. The project and its partnership are committed to the principles enshrined in the European Pillar of Social Rights (EPSR) and to contributing to the Pillar’s implementation.
- 9 national reports (including national-level policy recommendations)
- 1 mapping study
- 1 policy recommendations
- three European workshops
- nine national policy labs
- a launch event and a final conference
- dissemination activities (including a website, info card and videos)
Direct stakeholders / target groups:
- network of the project partners and associated organisations
- trade unions and employers’ organisations, active or with an interest in the SE sector social economy enterprises and cooperatives
- experts, academia on the field of industrial relations and / or social economy
Further target groups:
- trade unions on national and sectoral level (not only the ones directly involved in the action)
- employers (in general)
- relevant policy makers
ISTURET – Bulgaria (Institute for Social and Trade Union Research, Education and Training)
Boulevard Charlemagne 74
1000 Brussels – Belgium
TVA BE 0460304689
The information, documentation and figures on this website are written by the MESMER+ project consortium (Grant agreement no. 101052222) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Commission. The European Commission is not liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.